Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wow, 2 months?

I made this and then went two months without an update? I am not a good blogger apparently. I even forgot which email address and password I used. Fortunately, I keep a list of these things for my old feeble brain and when I finally found where I had left *that* I could log back in.

So what have we done in two months to keep me so busy? Well, starting with April: I got a few days away in Vegas with the husband in an attempt to regain my tenuous hold on sanity. Instead of relaxing pool side, I got sick. I'd still take it over no vacation though.

The kids had all their regular activities: bowling, ice skating, band and soccer plus they started karate. I know, I know. Add in another activity? But karate is during the day, once a week and they can continue through summer when everything else is over and Middle Child has always wanted to try it. Plus it was cheap, always a winner in my book.

In May, just when I thought things would be winding down, soccer and band were extended. We had the regular offenders... I mean activities. Plus, Oldest also had a formal dance, a soccer tournament and we had a rock climbing excursion. My calendar was at least as full as ever.

Now, we're at the beginning of June. June, you were supposed to be wide open. What did I do to you? Soccer tryouts last week, band camp this week and soccer camp next week, but at least none of it involves me planning or teaching anything! Graduation, graduation parties, 4 family birthdays and Father's Day round out the month.

I want to figure out how the homeschool hermits do it. I need to learn to sign up for nothing, stay home, talk to no one and become the stereotypical antisocial homeschooler. Granted, no one I know is actually like that, but surely someone out there is for us to get that stereotype. I think that is because my friends and I are all cursed with sign-up-itis. It really is a disease. Possibly contagious.

And even as I admit all that, I'm mentally lining up things we can do for fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment