Wednesday, October 6, 2010

rough week

Last week, I woke up Tuesday feeling pretty bad. We managed to get some work done, but cut it short early. Surely we can take it easy one day? Ah, the mark of a downward spiral.

Wednesday, my head hurt so bad I didn't want to leave the couch so we worked there and I answered questions as I could. I figured the kids weren't getting as much done as normal, but they got some done on their own, so it was better than nothing. The internet kept cutting in and out which was frustrating the kids too.

Thursday, I'm still not feeling great, but I know we need to stay on task. So we get to work...only to find the internet won't connect at all. With TRISMS, they have sets of worksheets they have to complete each week. The timelines and vocabulary thay can do without the internet but the other worksheets, like civilization or explorer questionnaires, are almost impossible to complete without searching for some of the answers, even with the collection of history books we have. So Thursday was pretty much a waste.

Friday, we had to get a new modem and go to the grocery store because at this point we were out of everything and had to get snacks for soccer games Saturday. And I still didn't feel well, but the wait at the Minute Clinic was over an hour so I gave up and went home for more medicine and a nap. So yeah, Friday was a waste.

I miss the days when I felt like we could just take a day or blow off schoolwork, but I know we can't do that any more. What really frustrates me is that when we do sit down to do school work, they work so SLOW and goof off and are so distracted that we can't ever get ahead either.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks to feel so Terrible. Also I have many moments where I am so frustrated by the goofing off. I tell myself after that if a went with the odd joke I could better control the situation and get them back on task but the reality is that when they are in that mood or mindset I am so frustrated that it doesn't seem funny and I yell at them instead. Currently I am on here with one eye on ydd who is mostly playing with her pencil. I wish I had more tricks up my sleeve. I am always disappointed with myself when I yell. Currently my boys have me smiling though they have turned their writing on Egypt into songs on Egypt. I hate rap but today it is making me smile.

    ReplyDelete