Monday, November 7, 2011

Birthday Madness

Today, my youngest turns 6. This is the first time in nearly 14 years that we haven't had someone under the age of 6 in the house. I admit, I am a little sad that the era of little people is over, but I love the slightly bigger people they are turning into.

For little man's birthday, he requested an Angry Birds cake. Being the Angry Birds lover I am, I couldn't say no, but being fondant-ignorant, I wasn't quite sure if I could do it. Pinterest, Google Images and Amazon (for the toppers) saved the day.

The cake we originally assembled when we got to the bowling alley:


After the tower toppled just a few moments later, in true Angry Birds style, I scaled it back to just one tier and reinforced with some extra frosting:

No comments:

Post a Comment